“How to Establish and Organize a Praying Church Prayer Ministry”
by: CAA Ministries
Prayer is foundational to being spiritually prepared
to carry out the ministry of the Church!
Nothing is needed more in the lives of Christians and our Churches, than a commitment to Prayer!
– Mike Turner
God is moved by your prayers.
Excerpt from Start with Prayer by Max Lucado
Moses prayed, and the Red Sea opened. Abraham prayed, and Lot’s family was spared. Elijah prayed, and fire fell. Joshua prayed, and the walls of Jericho collapsed. Nehemiah prayed, and the walls of Jerusalem were rebuilt. The disciples prayed, and the church was born. The church prayed, and Peter was freed. Peter and Cornelius prayed, and the gospel was taken to the world.
Do you think things happen when people pray? Yes!
“God will always give what is right to his people who cry to him night and day… I tell you, God will help his people quickly” (Luke 18:7–8).
“When two of you get together on anything at all on earth and make a prayer out of it, my Father in heaven goes into action” (Matt. 18:19).
“And we are sure of this, that he will listen to us whenever we ask him for anything in line with his will” (1 John 5:14).
Is any other spiritual activity promised such power? Did Jesus call us to preach without ceasing? Or teach without ceasing? Or have committee meetings without ceasing? Or sing without ceasing? No, but he did call us to “pray without ceasing” (1 Thess. 5:17).
God is moved by the humble, prayerful heart. “The LORD will hear your crying and he will comfort you. When he hears you, he will help you” (Isa. 30:19).
We can do much after we pray, but we should do nothing before we pray. Let’s start with prayer, and make it a priory in our churches.
What do you think would happen if all church members were united and praying daily for the following 10 items? Trust God and try it!
1. Pray for wisdom to navigate challenging roads.
2. Pray for strength to keep our hands to the plow, and in His word.
3. Pray for courage when facing opposition from the enemy.
4. Pray for opportunities to share the good news of Jesus.
5. Pray for God to send people into our lives and gatherings that need a church home.
6. Pray for the leadership at our church.
7. Pray for lost souls to be saved.
8. Pray for revival among the saints.
9. Pray for patience during days of uncertainty.
10. Pray for endurance when the journey gets long.
Here is a FREE Manual
How to set up and organize a church-wide Prayer Ministry
FOR BEST CELL PHONE VIEWING, ROTATE